Miércoles, 28 de Octubre de 2009

01 WOLFSTONE (04'55) The Bloody Bouzouki (gracias, Eli por este tema!)
02 DóNAL LUNNY (03'46) (1998) Lucky Lucky Day
02 NICK CAVE (02'50) Fire Down Below
03 Fairport Convention - Polly On The Shore
04 Fairport Convention- Now Be ThankfuL
05 MATT MOLLOY (02'20) (1988) Heathery Breeze, Long Strand

recreo!

06 VALRAVN (07'26) (2007) bialowieska
07 OREGON (01'48) (1972) the silence of a candle
08 OREGON (05'59) (1972) north star
09 SHAKTI - Bridge of Sighs

tres canciones de amor por Andy Irvine...
10 ANDY IRVINE (03'59) (1983) At Twenty-One

At twenty-one I first begun
To court my neighbor's child
We both being young and full of fun
Bright Phoebus on us smiled
We both being young and full of fun
Right well we did agree
'Twas well I knew she would prove true
And loyal unto me.

At twenty-two no man could view
All the beauty that this maid possessed
Her curling hair in ringlets fair
Hung down her snow white breast
The picture of her two blue eyes
My pencil cannot tell
Her effigy no hand could draw
Nor paint her parallel
At twenty-four I did adore
This beautiful young fair maid
When she gave her hand
To a rich young man
Alas but I was poor
They sailed away across the sea
And left me here to mourn
That bright May day she sailed away
Never more for to return

como siempre, esto es "solo una idéa" de la letra en español...

A los veintiun años comence a cortejar a una chica de mi barrio.
Siendo los dos jóvenes y llenos de alegria. Febo nos sonreía.
Siendo los jóvenes y llenos de alegria, acordamos…
y fue así como supe que nos seríamos fieles y leales.

A los veintidos años, era imposible ver tanta
belleza como la que esta dama poseía.
Su cabello rizado colgaba en bucles sobre
su pecho, blanco como la nieve.
Mi pluma no podria describir la imagen de sus ojos azules.
Ninguna mano sería capaz de dibujar su silueta o pintar algo tan bello.

A los veinticuatro años adoraba a esa mujer,
cuando le dio su mano a un joven rico, por que yo era pobre…

Navegaron cruzando el mar y me dejaron aquí
para lamentarme.
Aquella mañana de Mayo, ella
partió para nunca mas volver.

11 ANDY IRVINE AND MICK HANLY IRISH FOLK FEST (05'50) Bonnie Woodhall

la letra la tome de acá

Down by yon green bushes near Calder's clear stream
Where me and my Annie so often have been
When the hours that flew past us, right happy were we
It was little she thought that a soldier I'd be

But it's farewell to Annie and I must away
For the King he needs soldiers and I must obey
But if providence prove kind love until I return
I will wed with my Annie near Calder's clear burn

On the fourteenth of August our regiment was lost
And a ball from the enemy our lines came across
O it struck me in the temple and the blood trickled down
I reeled and I staggered and I fell to the ground

Come here, says our captain, come here with good speed
For I fear by this bullet young Dinsmore lies dead
Two men with a stretcher did quickly prepare
And they carried me away to a hospital there

Cold water and brandy they poured out so free
They turned me all over my wounds for to see
But if I had my Annie to bind up my wounds
One kiss from her sweet lips would soon deaden the stoun

And it's when I am weary and think on lang syne
When I was a miner and wrought in the mine
O the tears they do trickle and down they do fall
Like the roses that bloom around bonnie Woodhall

12 PLANXTY (05'21) (1972) As I Roved Out (Andy)

la letra la tomé de acá

As I roved out on a bright May morning
To view the meadows and flowers gay
Whom should I spy but my own true lover
As she sat under yon willow tree

I took off my hat and I did salute her
I did salute her most courageously
When she turned around well the tears fell from her
Sayin' "False young man, you have deluded me

A diamond ring I owned I gave you
A diamond ring to wear on your right hand
But the vows you made, love, you went and broke them
And married the lassie that had the land"

"If I'd married the lassie that had the land, my love
It's that I'll rue till the day I die
When misfortune falls sure no man can shun it
I was blindfolded I'll ne'er deny"

Now at nights when I go to my bed of slumber
The thoughts of my true love run in my mind
When I turned around to embrace my darling
Instead of gold sure it's brass I find

And I wish the Queen would call home her army
From the West Indies, Amerikay and Spain
And every man to his wedded woman
In hopes that you and I will meet again.

-------------------------------------------------------------
recorded by Planxty on "The Well Below The Valley" (1973) and
performed by Richard Thompson live 1990

There are two songs of this name on that Planxty album, this
is the one sung by Andy Irvine.

"We learned this sad and beautiful song from the singing of Paddy
Tunney who lives in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. He has described it
as dating back to the days of the famine, when any bit of property
at all was enough to tempt a man to jilt his true love in favour
of the 'lassie with the land'" - Andy Irvine

The last verse seems slightly displaced and doesn't really fit
with the rest.

13 GENESIS (05'28) Blood on the rooftops

No hay comentarios:

Martes, 28 de noviembre de 2017

Llan de Cubel Llan De Cubel - [Na Liende #03] Alborado De Maquilo Tarañu - [Al Xeitu de Nenyuri #05] Valse Llan De Cubel - [...